This fresh dessert is perfect for those long summer nights. Absolutely scrumptious!
What You’ll Need:
1 cup unbleached flour
¼ cup powdered sugar
6 tablespoons chilled unsalted butter, cut into ½-inch cubes
4 teaspoons whipping cream
Pinch of salt
¾ cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar
¾ cup whipping cream
4 large egg yolks
2 large eggs
½ cup fresh lemon juice
1 tablespoon finely grated lemon peel, packed
1 ½ cups fresh raspberries
What To Do:
- In a food processor, combine flour, sugar and salt, and pulse 5 seconds. Blend in butter until a coarse meal forms.
- Add 4 teaspoons of cream. Pulse until moist clumps form, adding more cream by teaspoon-fuls if dough is dry.
- Gather dough into a round, flat disk, and flatten into a 9-inch tart pan with a removable bottom. Pierce tart dough all over with a fork.
- Wrap and chill at least 2 hours or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Bake crust for 18 minutes or until crust is golden.
Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. In a large mixing bowl, add ¾ cup sugar, cream, yolks and eggs, and beat with an electric hand mixer until well blended. Mix in lemon juice and lemon peel. Pour filling into warm crust.
Place tart pan on lined baking sheet, and bake for almost 30 minutes until set in center. Allow tart to cool, about 1 hour.
Preheat broiler. Sprinkle tart with 2 tablespoons sugar.
Broil tart until sugar melts and caramelizes, turning sheet for even browning, about 2 minutes. Keep a close eye on the tart as it caramelizes to prevent burning.
Once tart has cooled, about 1 hour, push up bottom of tart pan, releasing the tart. Carefully place on a platter, top with fresh raspberries, and serve.